5+ years of overall technical ABAP Technical (hands-on) experience in SAP related interface technologies
– Experience with SAP 4.0, 4.6 or higher required.
– Functional expertise in core SAP module, e.g. SD,MM or FICO, highly desirable
– Exposure on SOA, Middleware, Messaging, API and Application services (preferred)
– Experience with IDOCs, BAPIs, ALE, EDI & RFCs, External command execution like Unix script calls
– SAP implementation and upgrade (desirable) experience
– 3+ years of overall technical exposure on SOA, Middleware, Messaging, API and Application services (preferred)
– Modelling knowledge Understanding of the enterprises business E. g. industry standards (EDIFACT, VDA, GS1, ….)
– Experience in Enterprise architect role medium to large company.
– Experience with SAP, Axway, Crossworld, Tibco etc
– Troubleshooting and status tracking of messages
– Error and alert handling
– Root-cause analysis- Integration knowledge
– Experience with large-scale distributed systems using message queues, TPMs, EJB servers or other related technologies in a mobile/portal environment. (IBM Message Broker preferred)
– Solution and/or application architecture experience for assigned domain.
– Manufacturing industry experience is a significant plus and will be give utmost consideration.
– Mastery of design considerations for high volume transaction systems.
– Knowledge of Portals/Intranet/Knowledge Management is preferred. (Recent experience in one of two platforms: IBM Portal e-commerce platform.)
– Experience data architecture concepts and governance, including acting as a design authority for information and data within projects and programs is essential for this role.
– Excellent ability to problem solve and analyze complex issues
– Ability to work as a team player and also handle individual responsibilities
– Experience working in complex environments with defined documentation and development methodologies
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent research skills, ability to leverage available tools such as subscription services, trade press, Internet or other online services.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– A wide base of experience in many disciplines of information technology, including operating systems, systems management and development tools, application program interfaces (APIs), database management systems, data warehousing,
business intelligence and analytics, development methodologies, transaction processing monitors, messaging software, security, directory services, hardware, telecommunications, interoperability techniques and standards.
– Strong organizational, leadership and consensus building skills.
– Good knowledge of most integration technologies
– Basic understanding of the business processes
– Knowledge of the IT organization processes- Recommended: Java development knowledge
– Optional: knowledge of the used adapter techniques (JMS, JDBC, FTP, etc)- Monitor message processing and message throughput
– Develop, maintain and support interface scenarios
– Manage technical design and functional specifications for interface scenarios, identify user requirements, use critical thinking to analyze & suggest alternative designs
– Utilizes various methods and processes to determine requirements and design formal solutions in response to those requirements
– Develop test cases, conduct informal and formal testing and document test results appropriately
– Utilize technical expertise with various interfacing technologies, including IDOCs, BAPIs, ALE, EDI and applications such as XI, WebSphere DataStage TX (formerly known as Mercator), Gentran, MQ-Series, Seeberger, iWay etc.
– Provide essential knowledge transfer to junior consultants and provide ad hoc guidance
– Prepare status reports for project management and attend status meetings
– Provide guidance and expertise with SAPs development and integration technologies including: ALE design and implementation; transport layer, environment planning, upgrades, and risk mitigation
– work with the Basis team and SAP on all aspects of system builds/patch upgrades